Natural gas safety resources
This section of the website contains natural gas safety resources to support first responders in doing their jobs. Some of the materials listed are used in specific modules of this website, others are links to materials on other websites.
Natural gas safety PDFs:
- Carbon monoxide response
- Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms
- Carbon monoxide prevention tips for homeowners
- Firefighter do’s and don’ts
- Gas incident management: Fire response
- Universal response tactics for natural gas
- Contacting National Grid
- Emergency Response Guidebook, Guide 115
- Universal response tactics for LNG
- LNG response considerations
The guidance on this website is designed to supplement, not replace, your department’s standard operating procedures (SOPs).